Children’s Health & Safety Protocols Family Ministry
The health and safety of your child is very important to us. We have put the
following measures in place as we open our on-campus Childcare during Sunday services. We request that you review these protocols carefully before registering your child for Childcare. Participation in these measures is required in order to attend at this time. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have. We are excited to see your child at church and are grateful for the opportunity to partner with you in their faith formation.
In His Service,
Dustin+ Messer, Associate Pastor for Faith Formation
Currently childcare is provided for birth through age 3. RSVP is not required, but each classroom will have a limit of 6 children. There will be 3 classrooms: 0-23 months, 2 year olds, and 3 year olds. Childcare will be first come first served, and space is limited.
Participation serves as your consent to the protocols outlined in detail below. We encourage you to share “what to expect” with your child.
Children ages 4 and above are welcomed in the Sunday services to worship with their family.
In addition to our current ministry policies requiring children attending church activities to be fever free, temperature screening will take place for children and children’s volunteers at the Classroom Entryway Tables.
By registering for Childcare, you are confirming the following:
1. No one in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 in past 14
2. No one in your household has household had contact* with anyone who
tested positive for COVID-19.
*Close contact is defined as being directly exposed to infection (ie. being coughed on or being in 6 ft. proximity of an infected person for a period of 15 minutes) 2 days before symptoms began to 10 days after symptoms appeared, the infectious period.
For the asymptomatic, the infection period is 2 days before the lab-confirmed test until 10 days after the lab-confirmed test. (Reference: Texas Education Association)
3. No one in your household has experienced any COVID-19 Symptoms in
past 14 days.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Feeling feverish or measured temperature of greater than 100 F
Congestion or runny nose
Loss of taste or smell
Nausea or vomiting
Shaking or exaggerated shivering
Shortness of breath
Significant muscle pain or ache
SUNDAY MORNING CHECK IN
A parent will walk their child to the appropriate Classroom Entryway and fill in their child’s name tags and parent’s pick-up tag on the Classroom Entryway Table, where the child’s temperature will be checked, and a worker will guide the child into the appropriate classroom. ONLY CHILDREN AND WORKERS MAY ENTER THE CLASSROOM.
The following modifications have been made:
- Soft toys have been removed from all classrooms and stored.
- All classroom doors will also be open with doorstops, gates in the children’s classrooms and will be sanitized frequently.
- Classrooms have been set up to provide for physical distancing.
- Before, between and after each in-person service and event our facilities staff will clean and disinfect all classrooms including, tables, chairs and touched surfaces.
- Family Bathrooms will be used as needed, one child at a time. A Hall Monitor will stand outside the bathroom to assist if needed. An additional Hall Monitor will watch the door from the Classroom Entryway Table.
- Facilities staff will clean and disinfect the Family Bathrooms between services.
CLASSROOM PHYSICAL DISTANCING AND SAFETY
While young children are not able to maintain physical distance from one another, measures are being taken in the classrooms to provide spacing as much as possible. Activities requiring contact with each other and sharing supplies will be avoided. No snacks will be given. Staff and volunteers will encourage children to distance as they are able.
- After using hand sanitizer, children will choose their seat for that day. We currently have one table per child set up in the classrooms.
- Drinks will be provided using disposable paper cups. Cups will be thrown away immediately, no saving for later. Water cups may not be taken to tables. Please do not send a water bottle with your child.
- Any art supplies will be provided for individual use. Items will not be shared.
- Children’s personal items will be stored from the hanging hooks or in a separate bin. (Please refrain from sending personal items.)
Face coverings are worn over both nose and mouth. Masks will be worn for all persons ages 5 and up.
- Anyone entering a classroom must apply hand sanitizer at the door.
- There will be a Bubble Break or Slime Time halfway through class time for children and teachers to sanitize hands with sanitizer.
- Additional opportunities for hand sanitizing: returning from outdoor play, if children have accidentally shared supplies or toys, etc.
- Children and volunteers should sanitize hands upon exiting classrooms.
Steps to be taken for a child feeling unwell during ASD Kids programming:
- First remove child from area with other children, take outdoors if appropriate
- Contact parents to retrieve child, bring siblings to parents as well. Provide Health and Safety Protocol to parents covering reporting, return to church, etc.
- Simultaneously, move other children to designated new classroom (Hold Room)
- Disinfect classroom and areas where symptomatic child had access
Response to lab confirmed case of COVID-19:
- Families will agree upon registration for Sunday School to our protocols, including immediate reporting of a positive COVID-19 case for an individual in their household, if they have been on campus or at a church event within time of exposure. The family’s privacy will be respected, and discretion will be used.
- Areas where affected persons have had access will be closed off and disinfected.
- Staff, volunteers and families in contact with anyone from that household will be notified and should quarantine for 14 days.
- Please contact Dustin+ Messer, [email protected], as soon as you received a lab confirmed positive COVID-19 test.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Classrooms and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected after each service on Sunday mornings.
- Staff and volunteers will have access to classrooms on Sundays. Classrooms should remain clear otherwise.
- Volunteer Training and Parent Meetings will be held virtually in order to minimize contact while covering important information.
In the case of emergency, there will be no physical distancing. The safety and needs of the immediate issue (fire, tornado, etc.) will take priority and the Children’s Ministry Safe Church emergency steps will be followed (Emergency Booklet is displayed in each classroom).
Thank you for helping make our ministry the safest environment possible for your child!
In order to regather safely the clergy and Board have outlined these FAQs to exhibit ASD’s practices to help us keep each other safe. When in the All Saints building please follow the posted procedures to ensure the safety of all. To read our building protocols please visit our COVID-19 Protocol page.