ALL SAINTS DALLAS COVID-19 UPDATES
ASD REGATHERING STRATEGY
+Philip, all the clergy, the ASD Board of Stewards and the Regathering Task Force are continuing to meet weekly to research and consider all credible medical and local government information to discern the best recommendations on when and how to open the doors of All Saints Dallas.
After reviewing recent COVID-19 news, our Board and Regathering Task Force have come to the conclusion that it is best to wait to regather. At this time we do not have a date for regathering.
We realize there is a delicate balance between our strong spiritual need to gather and the health and safety of our community. Our teams are looking at all possibilities, including the risks and rewards of regathering, and we appreciate your prayers for our teams during these difficult decisions.
We realize our services will look and feel a little different from what we are used to, but we do know the Holy Spirit will show up!
GUIDELINES FOR REGATHERING
When we regather these are the safety measures we will have in place:
- RSVP or Sign-up for Worship Services – Each week we will send out a link for the sign-up form for the coming Sunday. This will help us prepare the building and sanctuary for the correct social distancing. For a time, seating will be limited for the community’s wellbeing.
- Each Sunday, we ask that you enter the building via the South Patio, through the large open sliding door. Using the sign-up form responses we will confirm your space for that service.
- Masks will be required at all times while you are in the building. If you forget your mask, we will have individually wrapped masks at the entrance for you to use.
- As you enter the building for worship, please proceed directly to the sanctuary, following the signs.
- Members of the same family group will sit together in the marked sections of the sanctuary.
- Bibles and Books of Common Prayer will not be available at this time. Please plan to bring your own, if you wish, however, all words for the service will be projected on the sanctuary screens.
- We will not use bulletins, however, we will publish the bulletin in the Thursday newsletter if you would like to print a copy and bring it with you. All words for the service will also be projected on the sanctuary screens.
- Secure Offering Boxes will be available on tall tables at the back of the sanctuary.
- The Passing of the Peace will be socially distanced except within your family group.
- Communion will be offered in one kind, and the clergy will direct you as to the partaking of the Body.
- At the service’s end, please follow the Exit signs that lead directly to the parking lot, and, for the safety of others, please maintain social distancing as you leave.
- Family bathrooms will be available with designated waiting areas clearly marked on the floor. Common bathrooms and water fountains will not be in use at this time.
- Nursery and Children’s Sunday School Classes are not meeting in person at this time.
IN-PERSON WORSHIP SERVICES
When we regather our staff will fulfill most of the needed roles during the Worship Service, however, two teams will be essential to help us with the services – Usher and Parking Lot Team members who wish to serve: please contact your team leaders.
LIVE STREAMING/ONLINE SERVICES
Sunday, June 21, The Third Sunday after Pentecost
9 a.m. Recorded Worship available for viewing anytime
Sunday, June 28, The Fourth Sunday after Pentecost
9 a.m. Live Streaming Worship, (Recording available for later viewing)
Click on the WATCH NOW link at the top of our website.
OTHER WAYS TO CONNECT
DAILY VLOGS – We will continue with our Daily Vlogs thru the month of June. If you would like to receive our daily and weekly communications, please contact Stephanie at [email protected]. To view past vlogs, visit our Blog page.
NEWSLETTERS – Each Thursday our preaching pastor will share insights to his upcoming Sunday sermon with links to the Sunday Scriptures and the Collect for that week. The ASD Youth ministry share links to activities and all upcoming events are detailed. To receive the weekly Parent’s Newsletter from our Family Ministries Director please contact Lyn Baker at [email protected]. If you would like to receive our communications please contact Stephanie at [email protected].
WORSHIP EMAILS – Sunday mornings receive the email with all the Sunday worship information: links for our Sunday bulletin, Children’s Sunday School Lessons with videos, and the various ways you may watch our services online.
CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSONS – Specially adapted Sunday School Lessons with videos are available each week on the website under Ministries: ASD Kids, and in the weekly church email on Sundays.
WHAT’S GOING ON AT ASD DURING COVID-19
While these are uncertain times, we are not uncertain about our calling! God is calling us to Live in His Presence and Live out His Love and we are passionate about seeing lives changed in the name of Jesus. How does this happen in the time of COVID 19? Here are some opportunities:
With Pastorates and other connection groups a time of social distancing doesn’t mean that community has to stop. We continue to meet together weekly via Zoom meetings. Find a group that works for you. For more information on Pastorates, email Ron+ at [email protected]. If you would like to join our Zoom Mini-Alpha course beginning July 7, email Dustin at [email protected].
Now, more than ever, we have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of those around us with our Love Local initiatives. Several of our non-profit partnerships have determined some tangible ways we can serve our community, from donating food and supplies to volunteering directly with their organizations. Please take a look at these partners on our ASD Outreach page, and sign up to help when and where you can!
Ministry doesn’t just happen. That’s why we are so thankful for those who continue to give during this time. Your generosity helps us continue our ministry in these uncertain times. Mail your checks to the church, or to give of your treasure online, CLICK HERE.
We understand that during this unprecedented time in our country we will face many challenges and difficulties. Our staff and prayer team will continue to lift up your needs and concerns through prayer. Please let us know how we can pray for you! If you or someone you know has experienced a sudden change of circumstances, such as the loss of a loved one, an unexpected change at work, a recent health issue, or an unplanned pregnancy, we’re here to help. Additionally, if you have a prayer request or would like to be prayed for, please email [email protected].
Sources for information that we are closely following on a daily basis:
Local: Daily Updates from Mayor Eric Johnson, Dallas County Health Department, Tarrant County Health Department
State: Texas Health and Human Services
National: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC Recommendations for Faith-Based Organizations