ASD Worship Update:
Dear All Saints Dallas,
With the Governor’s announcement March 4th regarding the ending of some COVID restrictions in Texas, many of you have asked what (if anything) will change on Sunday mornings at All Saints?
After prayer and discussion with our clergy, staff and the Board, and with your patience and understanding we will continue to follow our COVID gathering protocols to protect the vulnerable and those not yet able to get the vaccine. We all sense that we are at the beginning of the end of the pandemic. All Saints will be gradually removing restrictions – reopening Sunday school and Adult Education classes, increasing our Sunday attendance numbers (even having coffee and donuts!) as we can safely gather for worship, enjoy the fellowship we are famous for, and welcome back the volunteers who serve All Saints in so many ways on Sundays and throughout the week.
So I ask you to join me in masking up and social distancing to keep each other safe . We are not quite out of the wilderness but we are getting so much closer!
Please see the ASD COVID protocols below.
God bless you,
ASD COVID PROTOCOLS FOR SUNDAY SERVICES
PREP FOR SUNDAYS:
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREP FOR SUNDAYS
- RSVP for Sunday Services – the RSVP link will be in our weekly newsletters each Thursday as well as on our Sunday Services Regathering FAQ page.
- RSVP is mandatory at this time. This will help us prepare the building and sanctuary for the correct social distancing.
- If your first choice is not available please try another service time or RSVP for the next Sunday.
- Participant numbers and seating will be limited for the community’s wellbeing.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO PREP FOR SUNDAYS
- The ASD Facilities staff, throughout the week, regularly clean and disinfect all door handles, pews, chairs, bathrooms, kitchens and touched surfaces throughout the building.
- Our Staff monitors current COVID-19 trends and ideas, and discusses best practices to keep our members connected, healthy and safe.
SAFETY MEASURES FOR SUNDAYS:
- Masks are required to enter the building for everyone 5 years of age and over.
- If you forget your mask, we will have individually wrapped masks at the entrance for you to use.
- Masks, properly worn, are required at all times while you are in the building on Sundays and throughout the week.
- Enter the building via the South Patio, through the large open sliding door.
- A clergy or staff member will provide contactless check-in, according to the RSVP list for that service.
- As you enter the building for worship, please proceed directly to the sanctuary, following the floor signs for social distancing.
- Please observe all posted guidelines and procedures to help ensure the safety of all.
- Members of the same family group will sit together in the marked sections of the sanctuary.
- The sanctuary pews are sectioned to accommodate 1-4 people in each pod.
- Bibles and Books of Common Prayer will not be available at this time. Please plan to bring your own, if you wish.
- Bulletins will not be used at this time, however, we will publish the bulletin in our weekly newsletters each Thursday if you would like to print a copy and bring it with you.
- All words for the service will be projected on the sanctuary screens.
- Masks, worn properly, must be worn at all times during the service.
- The Passing of the Peace will be socially distanced except within your family group.
- Beginning Sunday, December 13, we will introduce the wine back into communion via intinction. The priest will dip the bread into wine and then place in your hand. Please wait until you have returned to your seat to eat the bread.
- Secure Offering Boxes will be available on tall tables at the back of the sanctuary.
- Limited Childcare is offered during both Sunday services for children from Birth through age 3 on a first Come, first served basis.
- Children age 4 and above are welcomed in the Sunday services to worship with their family.
- Activity Bags are provided for each family to use during the service and return.
- Sunday School is not meeting in person at this time, but Sunday School
lessons are provided each week in three formats:
o The Sunday Paper, a printed Sunday School lesson, (with crayons!) which follows the lectionary readings is available on the table with the Activity Bags in the North hallway.
o For those not attending in person there are Sunday School lessons on the ASD KIDS webpage.
o ASD KIDVID Video lessons are available on the ASD KIDS webpage and on Facebook, with links in the Sunday Morning Service email!
- For more information, please visit our ASD Kids Regathering FAQ page.
AFTER THE SERVICE
- Please follow the Exit signs that lead directly to the parking lot via the Exit on the South side of the sanctuary or via the hallway directly to your left as you leave the sanctuary.
- Maintain social distancing as you leave.
- Please wait to fellowship until you are out of the building.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout the building.
- Family bathrooms are open with designated waiting areas clearly marked on the floor.
- Common bathrooms will not be in use at this time.
- Water Fountains will not be in use at this time.
- Before, between and after each in-person service and event our facilities staff will clean and disinfect all pews, chairs and touched surfaces throughout the building.
- Entering and exiting the building at the appropriate times will help all our staff best prepare for your worship time.
LIVE STREAMING/ONLINE SERVICES
Click on the WATCH NOW link at the top of our website, or open the Sunday morning ASD emails for links to watch via Vimeo, Facebook or YouTube.
Sources for information that our leaders follow closely on a daily basis:
Local: Daily Updates from Mayor Eric Johnson, Dallas County Health Department, Tarrant County Health Department
State: Texas Health and Human Services
National: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC Recommendations for Faith-Based Organizations