Sunday Services – Regathering FAQS
- Can I/should I come to church?Please stay home and worship online (see links below) with us if you have had:
- a fever in the past 2 days;
- a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, loss of taste or smell; or
- contact with a person infected with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days.
- You are the first line of defense against spreading the virus.
Please carefully consider your physical presence at in-person worship if you:
- are over the age of 65;
- have chronic health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, lung disease or others; or
- have a compromised immune system.
- In what ways will the worship service be different?
- Secure Offering Boxes will be available on the tall tables at the back of the sanctuary.
- The Passing of the Peace will be socially distanced except within your family group.
- Beginning Sunday, December 13, we will introduce the wine back into communion via intinction. The priest will dip the bread into wine and then place in your hand. Please wait until you have returned to your seat to eat the bread.
- I want to come to church, but my children get bored and fidgety, may I still come?Definitely! Children are not simply future members of ASD, they are part of our body now and are welcome to worship with us.
- Limited Childcare is offered during both Sunday services for children from Birth through age 3 on a first Come, first served basis.
- Children age 4 and above are welcomed in the Sunday services to worship with their family. Sunday School will be back in session beginning Sunday, June 6, 2021.
- Activity Bags are provided for each family to use during the service and return.
- Sunday School is not meeting in person at this time, but Sunday School lessons are provided each week in three formats:
- The Sunday Paper, a printed Sunday School lesson, which follows the lectionary readings, is available on the table with the Activity Bags in the North hallway.
- For those not attending in person there are Sunday School lessons on the ASD KIDS webpage.
- ASD KIDVID Video lessons are available on the ASD KIDS webpage and on Facebook, with links in the Sunday Morning Service email!
- For more information, please visit our ASD Kids Regathering FAQ page.
- What about serving on Sundays? Will we need volunteers?
- Yes! As people feel comfortable and led, serving opportunities will become available.
- If you would like to resume your service on Sundays, please contact Kissy Blanchat.
- If I choose not to attend in-person worship, how may I participate?
- Live Steam and Online services will available for the 9am service each week.
- Click on the WATCH NOW link at the top of our website.
- ASD Kids Ministry Sunday School Lessons with videos are available each week on the website under Ministries: ASD Kids, and in the weekly church email on Sundays.
- If I decide to stay at home and worship online, may I still partake of communion?
- Communion baggies, “in one kind,” will be available for pick up on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 4pm at ASD.
- What does Communion “in one kind” mean?
- At present, those participating in Communion at home will be administered in one kind only with no sharing of the common cup. As the Liturgical and Faith and Order Commissions have made clear, this is still ‘complete communion’.
- If I have attended an All Saints service and I test positive for COVID-19, what should I do?
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and have been to a worship service at All Saints in the past 14 days, please email Caroline Norris at [email protected] We have a process for contact tracing so we can connect with anyone you might have been sitting close to during the last service you attended.
OTHER WAYS TO CONNECT
NEWSLETTERS – Each Thursday our preaching pastor will share insights to his upcoming Sunday sermon with links to the Sunday Scriptures and the Collect for that week and links to RSVP for Sunday Services, along with other news from our church. If you would like to receive our communications please contact Stephanie Weatherly at [email protected].
WORSHIP EMAILS – Sunday mornings receive the email with all the Sunday worship information: links for our Sunday bulletin, Children’s Sunday School Lessons with videos, and the various ways you may watch our services online.
WHAT’S GOING ON AT ASD DURING COVID-19?
While these are uncertain times, we are not uncertain about our calling! God is calling us to Live in His Presence and Live out His Love and we are passionate about seeing lives changed in the name of Jesus. How does this happen in the time of COVID 19? Here are some opportunities:
With Pastorates and other connection groups a time of social distancing doesn’t mean that community has to stop. We continue to meet together weekly via Zoom meetings. Find a group that works for you. For more information on Pastorates, email Ron+ McCrary at [email protected]. If you would like more information about future Alpha courses, email [email protected] or find out about other connecting opportunities, email Dustin+ Messer at [email protected].
Now, more than ever, we have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of those around us with our Love Local initiatives. Several of our non-profit partnerships have determined some tangible ways we can serve our community, from donating food and supplies to volunteering directly with their organizations. Please take a look at these partners on our ASD Outreach page, and sign up to help when and where you can!
Ministry doesn’t just happen. That’s why we are so thankful for those who continue to give during this time. Your generosity helps us continue our ministry in these uncertain times. Mail your checks to the church, or to give of your treasure online, CLICK HERE.
We understand that during this unprecedented time in our country we will face many challenges and difficulties. Our staff and prayer team will continue to lift up your needs and concerns through prayer. Please let us know how we can pray for you! If you or someone you know has experienced a sudden change of circumstances, such as the loss of a loved one, an unexpected change at work, a recent health issue, or an unplanned pregnancy, we’re here to help. Additionally, if you have a prayer request or would like to be prayed for, please email [email protected].